Mavensoft is looking for a strong Software Engineer for one of our direct clients for a long-term Project.
Working Job title:
Software Engineer II
Duration: 1 year contract
Required Skills :
ETL, JAVA, AWS and Automated Testing
Additional Skills: Dev Ops, Distributed Systems, Integration, NoSQL and Retail
- Successfully operate within our engineering environment and help it evolve over time.
- Review your peers' technical designs, code, and tests, giving supportive feedback and asking good questions.
- Work in a collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity, and mentoring.
- Leverage your interest in data and data analysis to understand our consumers and how they engage with our ecosystem.
- Practice DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and releasing software on AWS continuously using automation and monitoring.
- Partner with other engineering and product teams to loosely couple and scale the service ecosystem.
- Work with teams dedicated to content management, membership, notification delivery, and digital marketing.
- 5+ years’ software development experience designing, developing and testing complex solutions and code in Web technologies such as Java, Go or similar.
- Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Azure, etc.)
- Prior experience in designing and implementing web services.
- Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java.
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, or MongoDB.
- Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area preferred. 2 years additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of degree