Mavensoft is looking for a strong Associate Data Scientist
for one of our direct Utility clients in Portland with remote Work acceptable.
Job title: Associate Data Scientist
There is the potential for extension for this position as well as the potential that an FTE role may open in the future
Python, R Script, SQL, Develop ML Solutions, ML in public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) Exp, Statistical analysis
Preferred: Sage Maker and AWS
The Data Strategy & Management (DSM) team in our clients bears critical responsibility to create value for customers and business operations through the collection, organization, and interpretation of data from Client’s expansive data portfolio. This group directly supports and impacts the success of our strategic pillars: de-carbonization & electrification, building a resilient grid, operational excellence, and retaining & growing our customer base.
The ideal candidate is skillful at using large data sets to find opportunities for process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience in data mining, building and implementing models, and driving toward clear business outcome. They must be able to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders to identify business requirements and collaborate with functional teams to design and build fully stacked solutions. They should be great communicators and presenters even to high-level executives. The right candidate will have a passion for bringing creative solutions to provide clean and reliable energy to people.
• Work with the business stakeholders to identify business requirements and the expected outcomes.
• Coordinate with cross functional teams to identify essential data from internal/external data sources and to define data quality expectation and metrics for tracking the value of use cases.
• Work in an iterative fashion with the business to validate the findings. Being able to define a "good enough" result is critical.
• Perform exploratory data analysis on queried data from various sources to bring insights.
• Develop and automate machine learning (ML) solutions in a partnership with senior data scientists.
• Develop A/B testing framework to validate model predictions or statistical findings.
• Support development of highly scalable and automated ML pipeline.
• Master’s degree in data science, computer science or related field such as electrical engineering, economics, or operation research.
• Bachelor’s degree in data science or computer science with 3 years of experience.
• Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
• Mastery in using scripting computing languages. (e.g., Python, R, SQL)
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc.) and experience with applications.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain data concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists.
• Drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
• ML implementation experience in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure) is desired.
• Prefer exp w/ developing algorithms using Sage Maker and deploying the same using AWS
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Mavensoft visit us online at http://www.mavensoft.com/