Candidate must have experience working with multiple projects as a Business Analyst by coordinating with Engineers and Scientists to communicate business vision.
Note*This position is 100% remote and client will ship Laptop once offer is made.
NOTE* Looking for W2/Independent contractors only.
Job Title: Mid level Business Analyst
Key Skills: JIRA, Data Visualization Tools, Tableau, SQL, Data lake, Data warehouses
Duration: 3+months (contract)
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA 97204
The Data Strategy & Management (DSM) bears critical responsibility on behalf of Client to create value for customers, regulators, and business operations through the collection, organization, and interpretation of data from Client’s expansive data portfolio. The mission of our team is to enable data driven decisions across the company and external stakeholders by ensuring secure, reliable and cataloged data access from our data lake and delivering insights utilizing advanced AI/ML approaches to support achieving Client’s goal to provide energy that is safe, clean, reliable, affordable and secure.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who will collaborate with the business partners to collect requirements, benefits metrics towards data solutions. They will work closely with the Business SME’s, Information Architect, Data Architect, Data Engineer, and to design and develop data solutions to cater business values and end-user experience. Through their work, they will lay foundation of best practices and framework that other business analysts can follow.
The ideal candidate has the drive to understand the business domain, collect requirements/metrics, validate that the completed data solutions meet the requirements, measure and report outcomes. They must be comfortable at elicitation of requirements and benefits tracking amidst ambiguity and able to convey their idea clearly to stakeholders. They should be great communicators and presenters even to high-level executives
The role will be assigned to multiple projects in the role of a business analyst.
Team Size : 12
• Requirements Gathering - Manage requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation processes to capture business and end user needs towards data solutions.
• Prioritization - Prioritize needs within and across projects based on business impact and groom the backlog
• Collaborate with data engineers and scientists -Engage with the data engineers, data scientists and data architects to communicate business vision and priorities
• Benefits & outcomes tracking - Elicit metrics and KPIs to track towards benefits for the data products. Measure and report outcomes towards the metrics and KPIs tracked.
• Validate - Test the data solutions towards the requirements and completeness.
• Collaborate with Stakeholders - Works with peers and business stakeholders to identify the business requirements and expected outcomes. With peer and business stakeholder support, models and frames meaningful and impactful business scenarios for critical business processes and/or decisions.
• Analyze Data - Assists in developing data and analytics products to improve how business is conducted and increases throughput through operational efficiencies. Being able to analyze data to provide inputs to business towards data driven decision making. Shares data quality findings with data stewards and partners with data stewards on data quality definition and standards; .
• Educate - Follow the overall best practices and guidelines in documenting requirements, test scenarios, test cases and metrics tacking. Fill in gaps and suggests improvements as necessary.
• Experience with JIRA for requirements tracking and test scenarios
• Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau for sharing business outcomes
• Experience with agile and lean principles
• Experience with SQL to query data
• Basic understanding of data lake, data warehouses
# of Years of Experience:
Minimum 4 years of prior experience in a similar role
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering, management or other related field or equivalent experience.
• Typically two or more years in related field.
• Preferred experience in or knowledge of utilities business domains and/or IT environment
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Mavensoft visit us online at http://www.mavensoft.com/