Candidate at least one year of years of experience in senior administrative, planning, project management, or related field
NOTE* Local candidates only. The position will be WFH. Once COVID lifts there will be an occasional need to come to the office for meetings and processing mail.
Working Job Title:Project Coordinator Key Skills:PowerPoint, Word, Excel spreadsheet; MS Project, Visio, and Problem-solving and Decision making skills. Duration: 12 months (Contract) Location: Portland, OR
Short Description of the Project: Overall responsibility of processing project inquiries, applications, and agreements and identifying interconnection issues for the Client Net Metering program. The position must work with solar, wind, small hydro, and other renewable resource providers and Customers to plan and schedule Net Metering and Small Power projects and to track their progress to completion. The position will coordinate with the company's protection, metering, and billing departments to assure a smooth interconnection for customers.
• Identify and track Net Metering questions and issues arising from interconnections at each renewable resource site. Maintain database of issues and resolutions. Lead meetings to discuss the current Net Metering status of individual Sites.
• Work with solar and other renewable providers and Customers to plan and schedule interconnection scoping meetings and project review meetings.
• For each new interconnection request: prepare responses following published rules and regulations for the timeliness, due dates, and required agreements. Coordinate/facilitate meetings with appropriate parties. Work with project managers to develop project requirements and schedules and coordinate reviews by other departments, then develop work orders and other required forms to complete necessary projects.
• Clearly communicate operating/performance standards and procedures, handle disputes and billing discrepancies with customers, strategic partners, internal departments, consultants, and contractors.
• Basic knowledge of business contracts or tariffs and good analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Excellent human relations skills with the ability to deal with people at different levels.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of marketing and sales processes and electrical power systems.
• Able to work with multiple projects at once, provide detailed oversight of project timelines and regulatory requirements with a minimum of supervision. Intermediate organization and prioritization skills
Key Role for success:
Ability to adhere to set response times, deadlines, and time-sensitive tasks
Ability to follow accuracy standards
Ability to successfully collaborate with peers, managers, and others within the organization.
Top 3 skills to be successful in this role: 1- Customer focus skills 2- Able to work with a diverse team 3- Good typing and data entry skills/Strong Microsoft Office skill especially Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook
High school diploma. Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field preferred.
Typically 2 or more years of utility experience with 1 year of experience in a technical field; such as energy efficiency, metering, facility operations, or other energy-related fields.