Mavensoft is looking for a Sr. Application Engineer for one of our direct clients in Portland, OR
Working Job title: Sr. Application Engineer
Location : Remote
DevOps Applications Engineer, SAS Solutions, ServiceNow, PHP, Python, Visual Basic, Apache, APIs, PowerShell, Gateway APIs
Monitoring tools: BigPanda
Cloud: AWS, Azure
We are looking for a Sr. Application Engineer
. This role sits in the Technical Operations Global Solutions Delivery organization and will serve as a technology dev/ops role in supporting our business partners’ application solutions. You’ll work on all aspects of the application lifecycle, including development, deployment, day-to-day operations and support, and divestment.
- Support nearly all aspects of the application lifecycle, from participating in requirements gathering to operational support.
- Field support incidents and follow through to quick resolution, troubleshooting with the end user, while maintaining the highest levels of customer service.
- Partner with business stakeholders and program management teams to ensure smooth UAT, go-live and post go-live handoffs.
- Support Content Management Systems (CMS) using WordPress or similar platforms.
- Create operational documentation, including KB articles and architecture diagrams.
- Partner with enterprise infrastructure teams to provide stable, scalable, and highly available solutions for business priority applications.
- Monitor application servers, various interfaces, and optimize configurations to provide high availability using enterprise monitoring tools.
- Analyze new software applications and re-deploy existing applications using the latest distributed computing technologies, whether on-prem or cloud infrastructure such as AWS or Azure.
- Automate continuous integration, deployment, and software configuration management for enterprise applications using different tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Implement the latest technology solutions, upgrades, enhancements, and integrations of software services to meet business capability requirements.
- Experience integrating COTS into enterprise landscapes
- Experience in Azure and AWS web-hosted applications
- Scripting capabilities, including Bash, Python, VB
- Experience managing applications at the operating system level
- Ability to see and address problem trends
- Experience in configuring Apache and IIS web servers
- Self-directed and comfortable with working in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and often ambiguous environment
- Take pride in your work, show focus, high attention to detail, and build quality
- Critical thinking and proactive problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Desire to learn and continually improve self and others through knowledge sharing
- An interest and desire to learn other technologies as needed