Candidate must have experience working as Release Manager along with the strong usage and implementation of Tools Automation Expert, SCM, and Version control
Remote will work. If remote are you willing to consider non-local candidates? Not at this time. (Oregon, Washington only). Candidates will need to pick up equipment from the Client's location.
There is potential for extension beyond the initial 6 months if the candidate does well. There is also the potential that Client may get funding for an FTE role in the future
Release Engineer, Automation Expert Tools, Configuration, CI-CD, SCM, Software Deployment, Software Development, Programming Experience,Scripting,SDLC
Oregon, USA 97062
- This role will support an early-stage initiative that consists of configuring a release orchestration tool and defining, designing, and implementing automation use cases for the enterprise release management team.
This role is associated with a Project
- Build, maintain and continuously improve the release management function, including and not limited to release engineering, environment management and automated release deployments.
- Evaluate existing tools and toolchains in the Client to build a release engineering strategy, define release engineering best practices and relevant metrics.
- Collaborate with release managers and implementation partners to identify quick wins, build automated and self-service release models.
- Bring strong knowledge of source code repository, build, integration, release tools and scripts, continuous integration infrastructure, packaging, and deployment tools.
- Influence and drive operational excellence best practices within the organization.
- Influence the team’s technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to the team’s priorities and approach.
- Actively mentor a set of release managers in improving their skills, knowledge of release engineering and their ability to perform release engineering activities.
- Experience in test automation in Continuous Integration and multi-user development.
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in-house developed toolsets.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
and it starts with the Implementation of a release orchestration tool, which includes building automation use cases, configuration, the integration will multiple systems, scripting, and building automated release pipelines.
Size of the team this resource
will be working with 5 member release team.
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Automation expert with knowledge and experience in effective usage and implementation of one or more of the tools listed below.
- SCM (software configuration management): AccuRev, Clearcase
- Version control & Source Repository: Sub-version, PVCS, Git, Mercurial
- Release Automation - Puppet, Chef, Xebialabs, Jenkins
- Automated Test: Cucumber, Jbehav, RSpec, XRay, Selenium
- Continuous integration: Jenkins, Hudson, Teamcity, Buildforge
- Backlog tools: Jira, Aha
- Experience with Plutora and integrating Plutora with the above-mentioned tools is a plus.
To learn more about Mavensoft visit us online at http://www.mavensoft.com/