Mavensoft is looking for a Dev Ops Engineer for one of our direct clients in Portland, OR
Job title: Sr. DevOps Engineer - Python, Terraform
Location: Hillsboro, OR (Remote)
Terraform, Python, Cloud (AWS or Azure)
Other Skills: REACT, Node js, Ansible/Puppet/Chef
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and follow operational best practices for tools and automation development. Including: Style guides, versioning practices, source control, branching and merging patterns and advising other engineers on development standards
- Develop and advocate for Operations best practices, standards and processes
- Provide support to the Operations team to support, maintain and upgrade the existing configuration management environment
- Help evaluate, build and deploy tools to assist with deployment framework required for each EP platform
- Develop solutions in alignment with departmental goals, SLA's for availability, scalability and resiliency
- Help develop strategies for zero down time deployments and patching
- Partner with stakeholders to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement in the deployment and build processes
- Help troubleshoot issues and work with the team to address root cause to minimize the chance of a second occurrence.
- Find opportunities to automate as part of the problem management process, creating automation to avoid issues.
Please apply online.
Please visit https://mavensoft.catsone.com/careers/?portal= for additional job openings.
- Experience in Linux Administration, Engineering and Automation
- Experience developing, delivering and operating modern cloud platforms / large scale distributed systems
- Experience working with revision control systems including Git
- Experience working in Agile teams and project teams
- Automation background in multiple scripting languages
- Direct experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar Configuration Management tools
- Cloud automation experience with Terraform, CloudFormation or similar
- Hands on experience with delivering and managing solutions on AWS, Azure and/or GCP
- Production experience with containers, container runtimes (i.e. Kubernetes), and/or serverless technologies
- Desire to learn and continually improve self and others though knowledge sharing