Mavensoft is seeking Applications for a Datacenter Support Technician
from qualified, interested, and available candidates for 6 months contract assignment with a leading company in Portland, OR
. If you are interested and meet below requirements, please email or apply online for immediate considerations with your salary expectations.
Datacenter Support Engineer
6 months, Contract
Brief Job Description:
Conducts active monitoring, triage, remediation, or escalation of events within the data center environment. Provide proactive operational awareness. Provides physical datacenter support (e.g., racking and stacking server equipment, cabling, power deployment, environmental needs, vendor relationships in support of preventative maintenance and tape rotations/restores). Supports administration functions on core enterprise operations applications.
• Installs or removes hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools, including, where appropriate, handover to the client.
• Conducts tests, corrects malfunctions and documents results in accordance with agreed procedures.
• Reports details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated.
• Aid users in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation.
• Maintains accurate records of user requests, contact details and outcomes.
• Contributes to the development of installation procedures and standards.
• Intermediate knowledge of data center environment, including power, cooling, rack/stack/cabling, and fire suppression
• Working understanding of ITIL or other service operations framework
• Intermediate customer focus skills
• Intermediate accuracy skills
• Intermediate risk management skills
• Intermediate oral and written communication skills
• Intermediate interpersonal skills
• Intermediate decision-making skills
• Valid driver’s license
• Driving/Travel/Commute daily within service territory frequently (at least once a week or more). The candidate will need to use their own transportation
o RCC: 13008 SE Jennifer St. Clackamas, OR
o WTC: 121 SW Salmon St. Portland, OR
o IOC: New building on SW 124th Ave, Tualatin, OR (closest cross intersection: SW 124th Ave and Tualatin – Sherwood Rd.)
• Lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs.
• Unstable surfaces requiring balance: datacenter, communications closets, electrical/HVAC rooms, raised floor/under floor
• Operates independently and receives only a moderate level of guidance and direction
# of Years of Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Mavensoft visit us online at http://www.mavensoft.com/