Mavensoft is looking for a Communications Specialist in Portland, Oregon for a 1-year contract. If you are interested and meet the below requirements please email or apply online for immediate considerations with your salary expectations. Thank you for your time.
Looking for locals only and WFH, but some in person will be needed
Job Title: Intermediate Communications Specialist
12 months contract
Marketing, writing, project management, utility construction Work, deescalating customers
Brief Job Description:
As a Construction Project Community Engagement Specialist you will be responsible for managing and executing key communications plans to ensure Client’s customers are notified appropriately of project construction work that may affect them. You will work cross functionally with multiple internal organizations and will be an expert at ensuring our customers’ concerns are appropriately managed and also this Project is associated with multiple capital projects.
- You will be an integral part of the team that informs development of customer centric communications plans for projects and programs managed in the Generation, Transmission and Distribution Project Management Office at Client. The plan will be prepared by Client’s communication’s department and your primary responsibility will be to execute the plans as approved by the project stakeholders.
- Executing the plan will not only require a thorough understanding of the construction scope and timing, but also an understanding of how these activities will impact our customer’s daily lives.
- In addition to executing the communications plan you will ensure Client’s customer analytics team is aware of the construction activity so they can perform pre and post work surveys, and you will also ensure customer service is aware of communications sent to customers.
- Work alongside the Project Manager and internal Governmental Affairs personnel to meet with city officials/key customers.
- Coordinate the development and deployment of construction site signage to inform customers of upcoming work and sidewalk/bike lane closures.
- Coordinate the updating and maintenance of customer facing project websites
- Provide project manager support and guidance for escalated customer issues. This support will vary greatly depending on the situations, but may include, but is not limited to meeting in person or over the phone with upset customers, drafting letters, attending home owner’s association meeting and working with legal and claims departments to come to an approved resolution.
Team Size: This is a cross functional role so the person will work with the PM and stakeholders from Brand, Governmental Affairs, Property Services, Customer Service, Customer Experience as well as local agency representatives.
# of Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, writing, marketing or similar field plus a minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in construction related communications, public affairs or media relations, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A basic understanding of utility construction work and how those activities impact customers.
- Valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but I would be open to somebody without a degree as long as they have experience deescalating customers, are organized and have writing experience.
- Required Skills:
Please Apply Online. To learn more about Mavensoft visit us at www.mavensoft.com