Candidates MUST have 1+ years’ recent experience as a full-time ScrumMaster, CSM or CSP certification and software development or delivery organization background and local to Portland, OR area.
Scrum Master – DevOps Delivery
: 1 year (contract)
: Hillsboro Oregon USA
Agile/Scrum (Version1) experience, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Facilitation, Collaboration, Communication, Organization, Planning and Coordinating
Jira, Miro, Confluence, Slack, Zoom, Xray (optional)
Expectations for this Role:
• Responsible for guiding the development of an agile team into an effective delivery team with a sustainable cadence of delivering high quality software, meeting stakeholder’s needs, managing ambiguity and change with a strong sense of TEAM and high morale
• Work closely with Engineering Manager to strategize approaches to nurture and develop self-organizing, high performing team through servant leadership, coaching and mentoring and proactively manage risk and assumptions
• Strong facilitator of x-functional team meetings, Implementation road-mapping sessions, collect and process feedback from all levels of leadership to improve and guide team to excellence across the organization
• Collaborate with Tech Product Owner and 2 Business Product Managers and Tech Lead to ensure Features are defined and clearly understood and the story backlog is refined and ready for team to pull in to work
• Ensure successful cross-team coordination and risk management, mentoring and coaching team members to capture and manage all assumptions and x-team decisions
• Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes
• Excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and management
• Able to resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation
• Must identify problems, impediments, dependencies, and other team dysfunctions, and then facilitate quick resolution
• Facilitate team ceremonies and collaboration sessions
• Reach out across organization for impediment removal
• Maintain relevant metrics that provide organizational visibility and help the team see how they are doing
• Responsible for ensuring the teams process evolves within organizational guidelines and industry best practices
Our client is seeking an experienced ScrumMaster (SM) who is Scrum certified to join their team accountable for various applications with different level of integrations across the client's .Net platforms. The SM will support one or more teams in Agile/Scrum to develop and support software solutions. A successful SM will excel at empowering and enabling their assigned teams to self-organize to solve complex business problems.
Team is responsible for integration with following Apps:
• Adobe AEM Asset Management
• Online Help CQ 5
• Adobe AEM Learn
• Adobe AEM Homepages
• Adobe/Custom CMS
• NEW - User Acceptance AWS server less
Key languages and frameworks utilized by team
• Adobe AEM config
• Node JS
• Dynamo DB
• AWS landscape
• Jenkins BMX
Our client’s team will transition to test driven development and move to more of a DevOps model by end of June. A seasoned Scrum Lead is needed to provide the support and guidance to ensure the team successfully manages through these many transitions. Currently, client's team is transitioning from long lists of stories in backlog to understanding Feature level work, breaking the work down into logical chunks to deliver the highest value first. Team is experiencing high levels of change while transitioning to Tier 1 with a high visibility app delivery target.
A Scrum Lead is now an essential component to this team’s success – as the team now has complex and cross-functional work to understand, manage and deliver with tight timelines. The amount and complexities of the new work – in addition to the team growing from 4 to 6 engineers require more attention and direction than just running scrum ceremonies. This team must update 3 of their 5 applications and manage across multiple teams and orgs to deliver: Terms and Conditions upgrades, Marketplace Construct work AND they’ve taken on the challenge to create a NEW 6th application, using technology they are leaning in to learn, to support multiple applications across .net framework.
Education and Experience Required:
Degrees required for this job: CSM or CSP certification including a thorough understanding of Scrum and Agile principles, values, and practices; Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Years of experience required for this job: minimum of 1+ years’ experience as a full-time ScrumMaster, 10+ years of relevant experience in a software development or delivery organization
Coaching training is preferred
Required skills for this job
Email your resume to: email@example.com
- Demonstrated commitment to mentoring, coaching, and servant leadership.
- Experience delivering one or more products through all phases of the SDLC.
- Very strong communication, collaboration, feedback, and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated mature judgment in a leadership role
- Strong analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Ability to identify and develop individual and complementary strengths and to build high-functioning teams.
- Capability to develop and maintain an effective network of relationships with people inside and outside the development group.
To learn more about Mavensoft visit us online at http://www.mavensoft.com/