Mavensoft is seeking Applications for a DBA II position from qualified, interested, and available candidates for a short - term contract assignment with a leading company in Portland, OR. If you are interested and meet below requirements, please email or apply online for immediate considerations with your salary expectations
NOTE* 100% Remote candidates can apply for this Job and Client will ship Laptop.
Job Title: Data Librarian
Duration: 6+ Months
Location: Portland, Oregon
We have documentation in lots of areas that all need to be searchable. In order for that to happen everything needs to be made easy to find.
The Data Librarian will organize, process, categorize, and standardize documentation for the Safety, Health and Compliance department starting specifically with the 400+ page Safety Manual that will be live by the end of this year. Manual that will be live by the end of this year.
Size of the team this resource will be working with - Large, 25+ people
• Required software knowledge: Word, Excel, SharePoint
• Preferred - Adobe PDF and basic HTML & web design for inputting meta data
• data management plans
• issues such as copyright, intellectual property, licensing of data, embargoes, ethics and reuse, privacy etc.
• storing and managing data during and after the research project (curation)
• depositing data in archives at the end of the project, determining retention and disposal periods
• open access and publishing of data and/or metadata records
• research organization policies affecting data
• creating and maintaining metadata
• developing and applying metadata standards
• Using data (data as a resource)
• finding or obtaining data for reuse
• citing data
• data analysis tools and support services
• data literacy (an extension of information literacy to include the ability to access, assess, manipulate, summarize and present data.
• Developing, delivering or arranging:
• resources such as data management check lists
• training sessions on data management planning, data literacy, use of statistical and analytical tools
• awareness sessions or materials
• referral to sources of information and advice, either within or external to the organization
- Bachelor's degree or at least some college but lots of experience can equate too
- # of Years of Experience: 2-4 years