Candidates MUST have 6+ years Python experience as SW Engineer in a real-world retail environment working on large-scale projects. The ideal candidate will have search, recommendation, or digital experience and must be proactive self-starter with ability to work independently.
NOTE*Corp to Corp C2C candidates *will not* be considered. only W2/1099-Independent Contractors are considered.
Job Title: Sr. Python Developer - AWS Duration: 7+months contract Location: Beaverton, OR Remote Work: Manager is looking for Onsite based on the circumstances but remote work is acceptable if candidate is really strong with all the skills
Key Skills: Python, AWS, CI/CD, APIs, REST, Designing and building Data Pipelines
Nice to have: Java Script, Java, Scala, Shell Scripting, PLSQL
PS: This is not a BIG Data Or Data Analytics role
• Provide engineering on modern, cloud-based technology stack
• Build data pipelines, data validation frameworks, data services (rest) with emphasis on automation and scale
• Contribute to overall architecture, framework, and design patterns to store and process real-time large data volumes
• Ensure product and technical features are delivered to spec and on-time
• Design and implement features in collaboration with product owners, partner engineering and architecture teams, and business partners within an Agile / Scrum methodology
• Proactively support product health by building solutions that are automated, scalable, and sustainable – be relentlessly focused on minimizing defects and technical debt.
Should be a good communicator, excellent team player, able to collaborate with remote team members over zoom, demonstrating great flexibility
Education and Qualifications Required: Degrees required for this job: Bachelor's degree in Computer or related field
Experience required for this job: 6+ years’ experience as a Cloud Engineer working with Python and related services.
Qualifications required for this job:
Masters’ or Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or a related field
6+ years of experience in engineering development
4+ years of experience implementing scalable architectures
3+ years of experience in large-scale software development with emphasis on high-volume real-time data processing
3+ years of experience with AWS and related services (e.g., EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, DSL Queries, Kibana, SQS, SNS, Lambda, Snowflake, Apache Spark, Airflow….)
Expert Experience in python is a hard requirement. Experience in other programming languages is a plus (Server Side Java script, Scala, Java etc.).
2+ years of experience in database development using relational and non-relational database is preferred. SQL and PL/SQL experience is preferred.
Automating jobs using Autosys, shell scripting etc
Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins / Terraforms