Mavensoft is seeking Applications for Expert Data Engineer works with the engineering and operations teams to apply Agile practices and DevSecOps tools to help increase productivity, improve security, and reduce waste in the build and deploy practices. The successful candidate will work as a mentor and change agent. They will work to implement the DevSecOps vision and strategy for the client’s Partners and Marketplace team.
Job Title: DevSecOps Engineer
Duration: 10 - Months
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Red Hat Linux, Centos/Ubuntu, Terraform, Puppet, or AWS DynamodB, Oracle and mySQL
- Provide support to improve the existing database configuration management environment.
- Develop solutions in alignment with departmental goals, SLA’s for availability, scalability and resiliency particularly with databases.
- Develop and advocate for operations best practices, standards and processes
- Work with teams to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement in the deployment and build processes.
- Lead improvement of technical processes across Platform engineering and Operations teams to improve delivery and availability for platforms.
- Support security management. Maintain user accounts and profiles. Prepare for and support emergency events
- Document resolutions and share across client's teams.
- Work as a mentor to advocate for use of DevSecOps practices in all aspects of the platform engineering team.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security and high availability in the cloud.
- Keep systems running at peak performance, upgrade operating system, patches, and version upgrades using automation
- Lead other admins and platform engineers through design and implementation decisions to achieve balance between strategic design and tactical needs.
- Troubleshooting production issues and performing On-Call duties, at times.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers, QA and Engineering teams to deliver on time and within budget
- Manage and respond to problems and incidents, resolving or escalating as needed
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent relevant experience
- Must have deep background in at least one of the following: System Administration, Engineering, Automation and configuration tasks.
- Solid understanding of Agile principles
- Automation experience in either multiple scripting languages or development experience
- Experience with Git, Subversion or other version control systems
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with continuous integration and/or continuous delivery
Please apply online.
Please visit https://mavensoft.catsone.com/careers/?portal= for additional job openings.
- 5 or more years in Unix systems engineering with experience in Red Hat Linux, Centos or Ubuntu
- 6-months+ experience with configuration management tools, such as Terraform, Puppet, or AWS OpsWorks
- Ability to architect, design and implement solutions with AWS IaaS products.
- 5 or more years in database engineering with experience in AWS DynamodB, Oracle, mySQL, or Postgres
- Deep Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, and load-balancers
- Deep knowledge of high availability architecture
- Engineering experience with delivering and automated testing of software products
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications
- Experience with Splunk and using Splunk to troubleshoot issues in environments or equivalent technologies