Mavensoft is looking for a strong Software Engineers for one of our direct clients for a 5 months Project.
Working Job title: Application Engineer- JAVA/Python
Duration: 5 Months contract
Python, Java, Node.JS, AWS, Automated Testing, Integration
As a Senior Software Engineer in Global Operations and Logistics, you will join a team of engineers, scrum masters and product owners to envision and deliver robust applications and services that bring Nike omni-channel solutions to the next level. This role will be involved in designing and building secure, highly scalable and innovative services in a continuous delivery model on the Nike cloud platform. The Senior Software Engineer will also partner with leads and architects to establish a technical vision for various client commerce experiences.
The successful candidate is a proven software engineer with excellent communication and current hands-on coding skills. Focus area will be the fulfillment and logistics domain.
Required qualifications and skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in microservice architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful API’s using Python/Java 8+/Node.js.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (AWS preferred) with high transaction volumes
- Prior development experience with Java 8+, dependency injection and Spring Boot is desired
- Experience with CloudFormation or Terraform for AWS Provisioning
- Ability to define solutions, provide estimates of effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Experience with DevOps, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests
- Able to leverage NoSQL data stores (DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB etc.) to ensure data storage is designed for security, reliability, availability, maintainability, and performance
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
- Energetic Self-starter who can work in a complex collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity and mentoring
- Knowledge of version control systems (GIT), issue tracking tools (Jira), and CI/CD related tools (Jenkins, TeamCity etc.)
- Commitment to and experience in pair programming and performing technical code reviews
- Partner with other teams to ensure the service ecosystem is loosely coupled and scalable
- Strong team player and communicator capable of building positive relationships across engineering, product and architecture
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Equivalent combination of education and professional experience in lieu of a degree
- eCommerce experience